For those of you who have been racing your RC cars for years, and have a friend or two who you have been trying to get out to the RC tracks, this article is for you. Feel free to forward it to them.
For those of you who are fanatical bashers, and have avoided racing your rc cars at the local track, hear me out, because I have 5 great reasons you should take a run at it.
1) Hanging out with other RC car enthusiasts- You will absorb new ideas on how to keep your RC cars running at peak performance, just by hangin' out in the pits. Not all of them will be good, some could even do more harm than good. but if you are careful who you listen to, you can learn some terrific stuff that will make your ride handle better, run faster, and be more durable.
2) The game within the game- Its not just about racing, and being first in the heats (altho, that is a huge thrill) but its also about pushing the limits of your RC cars, and fighting agianst the track itself in a measureable way. When your bashing, you don't really get a precise way of knowing how fast your vehicle is. When you race, you will actually know to the millisecond what your vehicle, limited by your driving skills, can do.
3) By being at the tracks, you get to see the latest RC technology in action- You can go to the hobby stores and look at boxes of RC cars and buggies all you want. But if you really want to see what a Hot Bodies Lightning Pro or an XRAY T1'FK05 can do, there is no better, and cheaper, way to do it than hang out at the tracks. You get an even better idea when you race against them.
4) Making new friends- Not that you need new friends, but it's great to have a friend who knows RC cars tips and tricks. Someone you can ask questions, or bounce ideas off of. Or catch rides to the track when your full scale car is in the shop.
5) Just like when your bashing and you finally nail that jump you set up in your backyard, mastering a track is a total rush- Everyone will tell you when you first start racing rc cars, just try to do crash free laps. Isn't that essentially what you are doing in your backyard?
Why not take your Monster truck to the track, and do some racing, and see if you can handle the track's jumps and rhythm sections? I bet it will be months before you have a crash free lap. Howse that for a challenge?
If you have put off racing rc cars because it looks intimidating, your worried you will make a fool of yourself, or smash up your car or buggy, or piss off someone by smashing THIER car up... well, your right!! All of that can happen!
In fact, when I first started racing my RC cars, I made every racing mistake there is. I embarassed myself, I smashed my poor little car up, I was totally confused. Frankly, I didn't have much fun.
But, I fought through it, learned from my mistakes, got some great advice, and now I enjoy every weekend at the track. I strongly suggest you give racing a chance. I think it's the best way to enjoy your RC cars hobby.
J.P. Turner, is the author of The RC Insider's Unfair Advantage Radio Controlled Car Secrets Guide, at http://www.rccarsecretsguide.com and also runs an RC blog, RC Smackdown, at http://www.rcsmackdown.com
This article may be reproduced in its entirety only if unaltered and the resource box is included.
Further Reading on Radio Controlled vehicles :
A Guide To Gas Powered RC Cars
If you’re a fan of radio-controlled vehicles, but...read more
An Abundance Of RC Cars
Ever been walking down the street and heard a...read more
Electirc RC Cars for Fun and Excitement
Electric RC cars and trucks are...read more
How To Start A Gas RC Car - Ignite That Nitro
Owning and operating a nitro powered radio...read more
Nitro Powered RC Cars - Tips For Choosing Your First Gas RC Car
RC (radio controlled) cars, especially the nitro...read more
Places To Sell Your RC Car
Have you got a remote controlled vehicle? Find it...read more
Radio Control Car Kits, your next hobby?
Cash burning a hole in your pocket, or simply...read more
RC Car Parts Available On The Market
Racing enthusiasts seem to be everywhere today....read more
RC Car Racing And IFMAR
RC car racing, or radio/remote controlled car...read more
RC Car Tracks Get Muddy And Manic
Today remote controlled vehicle enthusiasm has...read more
RC Cars : RTR Versions
What could be the best possible gift for your...read more
Reading RC Car Magazines
Radio Controlled cars are more popular than ever...read more
The Choice Between Electric Or Nitro Powered RC Cars Can be Overwhelming!
The roar of the crowd as the cars rush by, the...read more
The Magazine With All The RC Car Action
If you're into radio controlled cars then you're...read more
The Most Important Tool For Racing RC Cars
Believe it or not, the most important tool for...read more